Monday, October 30, 2006
I finished
Flowers for Algernon already. Somehow I didn't like the ending. I thought they might find a cure for him. And he would end up with Ms Kinnian. But he didn't!
In case it's confusing regarding what I'm talking about, here's a synopsis. Copied from the back of the book. Hahah.
Charlie Gordon is about to embark upon an unprecedented journey. Born with an unsually low IQ (In the book it says 65), he has been chosen as the perfect subject for an experimental surgery that researchers hope will increase his intelligence - a procedure that has already been highly successful when tested on a lab mouse name Algernon. As the treatment takes effect, Charlie's intelligence expands until it surpasses that of the doctors who engineered his metamorphosis. The experiment appears to be scientific breakthrough of paramount importance, until Algernon suddenly deteriorates. Will the same happen to Charlie?All in all, it's quite a nice book. With a good plot and all. Next book up and awaiting will be Echo Park. It's a mystery book instead of a science fiction one. Quite interesting also. (: After finishing that, I'll then embark on my SAT mugging. And mugging sessions with Zilu at temasek poly will start again. Hahah. Boring! And not forgetting my maths R-paper. Ewwwww. Pw-ed today and it was some massive laughing session. Filmed the whole of the video and some parts of it were rather funny. Had to uglify myself into an old lady. Overall, we got quite alot of work done but man, it was tiring! (:
Alright, shall stop here and perhaps start reading a bit of
Echo Park before America's Next Top Model starts.
Hoho, I feel bookworm-ish. But it's better than being bored. Okay, bye!